1. My rights and responsibilities online
You have the right to remain private, but anything you post can and will be used against you! Or maybe not… What are your rights and responsibilities according to the terms and conditions of websites?1.1. Identify your rights and responsibilities A right protects individuals or groups from injustice; it is a responsibility that each person or group has to others; and it is about respect of oneself and others. Learn more about your rights and responsibilities… 1.2. Terms and conditions …the ultimate challenge! Without a doubt you have ticked a box on a website, agreeing to the terms and conditions of the site. But do you really know what you are agreeing to? 1.3. When your rights are not respected... Your online rights can be violated or infringed in many different ways. While sometimes this is related to netiquette or expected ethical online behaviour, at other times it may be a violation of law that could even lead to legal prosecution.
- Find out more in Chapter 1, My rights & responsibilities
- Find out more about Web We Want, Activities by young people for young people
- Download lesson plans for Chapter 1, My rights & responsibilities
- Check out other useful resources
The selected web content no longer exists.